Meet the Recipients
Support the Program
Application and Information
The purpose of the Lincoln Lynx Alumni Association scholarship program is to provide scholarships to lineal descendants of Lincoln High School of Seattle graduates, thereby encouraging high school graduating Seniors to start their higher education without delay.
- The applicant must be a lineal descendant of an attendee of Lincoln High School of Seattle, Washington.
- Applicant need not be a resident of Seattle or the State of Washington.
- Applicant must be a current graduating senior from an accredited high school.
- Applicant must have applied to an accredited university, college, trade school or other tertiary accredited institution acceptable to the Scholarship Committee, and must be accepted at said institution by the application deadline date.
- Applicant must have SAT scores obtained prior to application's deadline date and must provide an official copy of said SAT scores.
- Applicant must fully provide all requested information and materials in one package by the deadline date to be considered for a scholarship award. Incomplete applications will be automatically disqualified. See application for further details on application requirements.
How to Apply
In order to be considered for a scholarship, completed scholarship applications and all required attachments must be sent in one package by US Mail and postmarked no later than the due date in the Scholarship Instructions, which can be downloaded from this page. There are no exceptions, and no email applications will be accepted.
After the scholarships are awarded, winners will be required to provide certain information on a form which will be sent to them. This form requests the address and telephone number of the Financial Aid Office of the school they will be attending and other various information. A picture of the scholarship recipient is also requested at this time for publication in the Fall Issue of the Totem II and on our website.
How Winner May Use Award Money
Scholarship monies are always sent directly by LLAA to the financial aid office of the college/school the recipient will be attending. The college/school sets up a student account for the scholarship recipient. Monies in that account may be used only by the student scholarship recipient and only for tuition, books and lab fees.
Recipients of an LLAA scholarship must use the scholarship money during the school year following his/her High School graduation. The college/school is required to return any unused funds at the end of the first year to the LLAA Scholarship Fund. If the student is not registered for any quarter/semester during that first year, the college/school will return all funds.